The conference on “Electromagnetic Interactions with Nucleons and Nuclei (EINN)” had been organized on Santorini and Milos Islands in Greece every other year since 1995. In 2011 its location was successfully moved to Paphos, Cyprus. The conference series covers experimental and theoretical topics in the areas of nuclear and hadronic physics. It also serves as a forum for contacts and discussions of current and future developments in our field. The conference has unofficially been a counterpart of the US Gordon conference on photonuclear physics and held in alternate years with traditionally a strong US participation. No proceedings will be produced, in the tradition of Gordon and Euroconferences, in order to encourage the frank exchange of even tentative information.
The Pre-conference is organized by young physicists and focuses on skill and career development as well as research. Further, a series of pedagogical lectures will take place on the day before the conference.
Pre-conference: 29 October – 30 October 2017
- Frontiers and Careers in Photonuclear Physics – skill development and talks for students
- Introductory talks
Main conference: 31 October – 04 November 2017
- Nucleon form factors and low-energy hadron structure
- Partonic structure of nucleons and nuclei
- Precision electroweak physics and new physics searches
- Meson structure
- Baryon and light-meson spectroscopy
- Nuclear effects and few-body physics
- Hadron structure and spectroscopy from lattice QCD
- New avenues in lepton scattering
We invite you to submit abstracts for talks at the workshops and for the poster session. Contributions not selected for talks will be given the option of a poster presentation. There will be a prize for the three best posters, which they will also be promoted for a plenary talk at the conference.